Saturday 28 March 2009

Fabrics

Well I had a look round United Textiles today, and no sign of any toile de Jouy, or any suitable flower prints. Instead I am quite tempted by a white fabric with narrow black stripes.
If I chose this I shall make the godet at the back from a black fabric with white dots, just for fun.

I have seen the black lace I want in Asim's and I already have some black velvet.

The only things I haven't sourced are a ready ruffled trim and hooks and eyes.

I also found a fabric that I might use for the Gorey skirt, grey with woven stripes, however there was another fabric which was grey with white flowers woven in that also looked nice, but was a bit heavier, also the stripes wouldn't go so well with the pintucks in the pattern i want to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment